Tuesday, December 28, 2010

HOW TO BE SWEDISH

HERREGUD!!!

My mom (a woman of great taste) just showed me a book called Handmade Living:A Fresh Take on the Scandinavian Lifestyle by Brooklyn-based, Swedish-bred designer Lotta Jansdotter.

It's pretty much amazing. Especially if you're like me and wish that you could be as innately cool and aesthetically inspiring as all Swedes seem to be.


The book is filled with gorgeous photographs of Lotta's home in Brooklyn, New York, as well as fabulous Scandinavian meals and her studio space.

Throughout the perusing of the fabulous book, I kept thinking Goshdarnit I wish she would recipes for all of that fabulous food! And alas! At the very end of the book she provides recipes for every dish mentioned, all of which can be torn from the book and kept as lovely little rectangles.

Oh, and extra points for mentioning the amazing Gee's Bend quilts from my sweet home Alabama.

GO LOOK AT IT! My mom got it from our local library...

No comments:

Post a Comment