Saturday, January 1, 2011

FANTASTIC MR. ANDERSON

















I am so embarrassed at how long it took for me to FINALLY watch Wes Anderson's latest film, Fantastic Mr. Fox!

If you need to know anything about me, know that I absolutely adore Wes Anderson's work. Of course it's not his work alone, most films aren't made by just one person, but he attaches his name to these beautiful pieces over whose content he has the final say. They are his brainchildren and after watching all of his films (Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, The Darjeeling Limited), you feel as though you understand him as a person. As though he is letting you into the very soul of his imagination and his psyche.

I was a bit worried about Fantastic Mr. Fox, mostly because Wes has never used animation before, and stop-motion animation can look awful without the right care and attention to detail.

But of course, good ol' Wes doesn't disappoint. The animation is beautiful and lively and hugely emotive. The voices (though very recognizable, which sometimes bothers me) worked amazingly! My favorites were Wes' brother Eric Anderson's voice for Cousin Kristofferson, Jason Schwartzman's Ash, and Wes' own voice for the fox realtor.

The music is also totally awesome. As usual.

If you were wondering about the production of the film (I find it SO interesting), I just discovered this video! : The Making of Fantastic Mr. Fox

I'm interested to know what everyone else thinks of the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment