Wednesday, January 26, 2011

LIVING VICARIOUSLY

I thought you should know:

There are three blogs that I visit everyday and I have been visiting everyday for a pretty long time now. (foodgawker.com should be on here too, but our love affair has been shorter)

I wish I could say that they are all current events/news -ish blogs, but alas, they are all about fashion. Maybe style is a better word...

1) The Sartorialist

























This is the first blog that I really started following, and it's a very famous one at that. The blog, run by Scott Schuman, very rarely includes text. But who needs it when the photographs speak for themselves!
It reminds you of the beautiful people that you might not see every day, from every age group and economic background. And with headlines like "Milan", "Paris", "London", "New York City", "Seoul",
"Sydney", and "Moscow" (to name a few) you will feel like a jet-setter in no time.

2) Sea of Shoes

























Quick note: these blogs aren't ordered by preference, just chronologically with when I discovered them.

Jane Aldridge is an 18 (?) year old fashion rock star. The text that accompanies her blogposts isn't really stunning on its own (basically consisting of "Yeah, my mom and I picked up these Balenciaga wedges the other day!" or "I am very proud of this vintage Valentino leopard-skin mini skirt. Great find!"), but once again, great imagery. Jane is endowed with a dream closet, and she doesn't let it go to waste. Her outfits are always inspiring and unique, and her environment is always unbelievably luxurious. I still can't believe the life she lives! New York City this weekend, Tokyo next week, and a private Chanel gown fitting in Paris: all in a day's work!

3) Garance Doré















Last, but certainly not least, the French blogger Garance Doré. Being Scott Schuman's (The Sartorialist) girlfriend/lady/lover can be overshadowing, but Garance strongly holds her own. Not only does she take extremely beautiful and thoughtful portraits of street style, she also peppers her blog with original illustrations! So refreshing. Plus, even with the language difference, Garance does not disappoint with her text. Always witty, funny, and relatable, she makes New Yorkers' obsessions with manicures and black tie party etiquette dilemmas seem like the every man's plight. I want to hug her.

So yeah! Just some suggestions to spice up your daily internet life! I'm on the hunt for more good blogs. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment