Friday, January 7, 2011

LET'S SNAP SOME MOMENTS

As I always say at parties/get-togethers/fashion photo shoots/Mario Testino's house: I would rather be the photographer than the photographed.

I have already dazzled you guys with my Hipstamatic and standard Canon digital camera shots, but I'm expanding my world!

I recently developed some great film from this stylized disposable camera from Urban Outfitters. Basically, the film is imprinted with fortune cookie sayings. Here are some of my favorite examples:


















This camera also works great for parties and gatherings. The captions add so much to the feeling of the photograph (usually, the added ingredient is humor).

I also have two other cameras that I want to experiment with:
















The pop cam I found while rummaging through my room (old Christmas present?) and the other camera I bought from this FABULOUS photography site: Photojojo

None of these cameras are particularly expensive or even that great, but they can still create beautiful images. I want to master the simple apparati (from my Latin knowledge, this seems appropriate) before moving on to any large, more capable cameras.

YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment