Monday, February 14, 2011

'SNOW DOUBT ABOUT IT


























Hi. I suck. I have taken an uncalled-for hiatus from this blog (that nobody reads anyways!) and now I have returned. Hopefully, for good!

Let's talk about the snow.

I'm from Alabama, where it usually snows one day a year. On that day, the world shuts down and everyone ogles at the few flakes of REAL LIVE SNOW! It's gone by the next day...

But now I live in New York. And it's a whole new universe, lemme tell you.
The first snow was magical. It was in early(ish) December and it was completely enchanting. I had pulled an all nighter at the library, so I literally watched every single layer fall.

The I went home, where it snowed on Christmas for the first time since records began in 1850!!
It looked like this:

























It was super exciting! Until I came back to SLC in January. And I took a cab back to campus. There were feet upon feet upon feet of snow! Like SO much snow! And it kept snowing! Thankfully, I was well-equipped with my new snow jacket and snow shoes, so no worries. But for awhile the snow was so powdery and edible and lovely (although the weather was a bitter cold) and fresh. And school was delayed a few times. Look at these pictures (the first picture in this blog post was taken from my dorm window)

Heimbold Visual Arts Center:


























Mead Way ˆˆ

























Park Slope, Brooklyn ˆˆ

Now the snow is in the frozen, dirty stage. It's just...there. Now we're getting antsy for spring!

Much love from the North Pole!

No comments:

Post a Comment