Tuesday, February 22, 2011

▲ JE SUIS UNE ANIMATRICE ▲

The summer before my junior year of high school I spent two weeks in my room with only a lightboard, some pens and pencils, and paper for company. It was bliss. The end result was this:


Note: The music track should be "Sweet and Lowdown" by George Gershwin

It all started with Disney films. Back in the good old days, Jasmine's hair and Ariel's doe eyes enchanted me to no end. Simba watching his father, Mufasa, being stampeded still makes me cry. Then came Miyazaki and his film, which stand among my favorite pieces of artwork of all time, Spirited Away.

I have always loved to draw. The summer that I made The Green Bow, I took a two-day long tutorial class on the fundamentals of animation at a local community college. Tools in hand, I was on my way. I made the film, submitted it to the local Sidewalk Film Festival, and won the student film competition.


Just go out and do it

No comments:

Post a Comment